Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Erotic Authors - What Makes Them Tick? An Interview with Nobilis

Dear reader,


As a consumer of erotica, have you ever wondered how the writers of those titillating stories, which make us wet or hard, come up with their wild scenarios. Have they performed what they write about? Do they have fantasies? Have they indulged themselves or are they all talk and no show? (like me.)


I don’t care what they eat. I want to know who they ate or would like to eat! What motivates them? What gets them going?


Shall we find out. This week’s person of interest is the multipublished author Nobilis.


Welcome Nobilis, seeing how we are trying to get a feel for the sensuous writer, my questions may be a little pointed, so if you have a problem with a question, just go to the next one.


• First question: How did you start writing erotica?

I got started with a little notebook where I kept notes on dreams and daydreams as a teenager. As I got older those dreams and daydreams got more sophisticated.


• How long have you been writing erotica and would you prefer to write anything else?

I have been writing erotic stories (rather than just jotting down scenes and vignettes) for about twenty years, but only recently have I had reason to share them.


• Do you feel you offer anything special to your readers?

Every human experience is unique. Personally, I feel that my strength as an author is in writing complex, human relationships. Things aren’t always simple.


• What are your writing goals?

Mostly, erotic stories are a means of self-expression. I am taking feelings and drives and energy that would otherwise be stifled, and channeling them into something.


• As an erotic writer, you are assumed to be a sexual person. Do you have any sexual hang-ups?

“Hang-up” is such a loaded word. There are sexual scenes and activities that don’t interest me. There are others that do. As far as what I’ll write about, I’m pretty liberal; about the only thing I won’t write is a scene where the boundaries of consent are crossed. Real life is real life.


• As an erotic writer and a sexual person, do you have any sexual fantasies?

Loads. Not a day goes by that a new one doesn’t show up in my head.

• Have you acted out your fantasy? If you haven’t would you consider living out your fantasy?
Right now, my sexual fantasy is that my wife recovers enough that we can have sex again.


• From where do you get your main characters?

Schenectady. A bus delivers them every tuesday afternoon.


• What is your preferred style, when writing erotica, ie. m/f f/f, m/m, mfm, bdsm, etc?

For me, erotica is less about what parts people have or don’t have, less about what parts touch what parts, and more about why they’re having sex, what it means for them, and what happens to their relationship as a result. My preferred style is whatever fits best for the characters. So far I haven’t written an m/m scene but that doesn’t mean I can’t or won’t.


• What do you personally look for in a sexual partner?

I’m not looking for a new sexual partner. I’ve had a few offers from quite wonderful people, and turned them down. It’s not worth it.


• Doing what to your sexual partner, gets you excited?

Being able to touch her sexually and have a normal sexual reaction would be a big thrill these days.


• Which celebrities or other well known individuals, if any, do you drool over?

Kathleen Turner was the first movie star I ever saw naked, and I still love her voice.


• Do you sometimes get turned on by your own erotic writing?

Every time. If I’m not getting turned on, why should I expect my readers to?


• Have you ever participated in any of the wild scenarios of which you have written?

No. I’ve never made love to a genetically engineered supersoldier, and I don’t have a sex robot doing my dishes.


• In your estimation, what is the sexiest book/story you have written? And do you have a sexy passage that you would share with us.

The sexiest story I’ve written is probably “The Package”, a light BDSM scene that I presented in my podcast a few months ago. This story is available for free in both text and audio form. Links are on my website.


“Hey,” I started to say, but lips met mine silencing me. The lips were soft, and I could feel no sign of mustache or razor stubble. A woman? I couldn’t tell. Strong hands, but oh those lips; and the scent of roses again. I tried to stop thinking of the lips as belonging to man or woman and just enjoy them. The kisses started strong then became feather-light, drawing me forward to hang from my arms, straining towards lips that always seemed just a little too far away, and threatening my balance upon the platform. I whimpered in frustration.


Hands took me again, holding the back of my head, and the lips drove against mine, opening my mouth, probing tongue pushing past my teeth. I moaned softly into the open mouth of my mysterious lover. In the midst of the kiss, I heard the soft snik-snik of a pair of scissors worked next to my ear. My heart jumped in my chest. I tensed. I imagined the scissors, sharp and bright, going into my neck, my belly, a breast.


A hand slipped under my t-shirt to pull my right bra strap up off my skin. Snik went the scissors, and the strap parted. The breath I drew ready to scream, came out as a sigh of relief. Snik, again, on the left, and then a small hole was cut in the center, to cut the center strap. A hand went up my back and gently pulled the ruined garment out from under.


I was breathing hard. As my chest rose and fell my nipples rubbed against the soft cotton. They were already a little hard, but this made them stand up all the way. Hands took my breasts roughly through the thin cloth groping hard, fingers digging into my flesh. An impossibly smooth mouth returned to mine. My Mask groped and twisted, and then slid down to grab my nipples between thumbs and knuckles.


Squeezed — hard! The pain stabbed into me like a knife. “Ow, fuck!”


Those hands left again and I heard another length of tape pulled off. This went over my mouth. I heard the cap come off the marker again and my head was held still while my lover wrote. “P… O… T… T… Y… M… O… U… T… H.” My lips stuck to the heavy tape–stuck fast–and I knew it was going to hurt when it came off.


• What is your current release? Please post a blurb or tell us about it.

centaur.jpg

My current release is “Centaur”. It’s a romance between a jungle doctor and a genetically engineered supersoldier, that takes place while they are on the run from his comrades at arms. I think it’s my best work yet.

No comments: